Latest News :
Home » , » [news] Wheesung on his upcoming US Debut and working with Ne-Yo on a track originally for Michael Jackson!

[news] Wheesung on his upcoming US Debut and working with Ne-Yo on a track originally for Michael Jackson!

{[['']]}




On Sunday's airing of Pops in Seoul's "In the Booth With" segment, the loveable VJ Isak asked Wheesung about his upcoming US Debut. Check out what he had to say about recording his English debut album, Ne-Yo, and Michael Jackson.

On "In the Booth With," VJ Isak interviewed Wheessung and asked him about his upcoming debut in the US. This is what he had to say...

Isak: I heard that you are bringing your music to the US, next year!”
Wheesung: “Yes! It’s an opportunity that just fell from the sky. The opportunity really came down from the heavens. I was very lucky. They called me first! A team that was planning a project wanted to invite an Asian singer to the US. They wanted me to be their first singer. So I told them that I couldn’t speak English, and that I was old...”

Isak: What does age have to do with it?!
"...So I told them to think it over again and call me. They called me and said they thought it was fine and I said I would do it and thanked them. That’s what happened. I think I was very lucky. I’m very happy that I was so lucky”


Isak: Tell us about the story about you and Michael Jackson.
“I’m working with Ne-Yo and another producer on a song that was originally written for Michael Jackson.”

Isak: Wow, the song you will be recording? You’ll be in the US and singing in front of recognized R&B stars and will be recording music with them. Do you feel the weight on your shoulders?
“At first I thought it would be stressful but actually it wasn’t that hard, it’s strange. It’s more challenging for me to sing in Korea! But I’m starting something totally different so I think of it as a new chapter in my life.”

When omgkpop interviewed Wheesung earlier this year he said he had no plans to enter the US market, but with these preparations and such, it shows how quickly ones plans can change. Definitely wishing the best of luck to Wheesung on his upcoming US debut! Please continue to visit OMGKPOP for more news regarding Wheesung's crossover.

cr: ArirangTV //ahhyala @ omgkpop

Related News

Post a Comment

 
Support : latest k-pop news | Earnings Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | myLot User Profile
Copyright © 2011. news update k-pop world - All Rights Reserved
Template Created and Published by BLOGGERspherepedia
Proudly powered by Blogger