Latest News :
Home » , » [Interview] F(x) “If the first snow falls…” The Five Girls’ Dream

[Interview] F(x) “If the first snow falls…” The Five Girls’ Dream

{[['']]}





f(x)’s awkward first meeting. What were your first impressions of each other?

Victoria, who came from China, vividly remembers the first day she came to Korea and the first day she met the members. “It was December 4th, 2007. The whole time in the airplane I memorized, ‘Hello. I am Sòng Qiàn, I am 22 years old and I am from China’ again and again. At the practice studio I met and greeted Luna first, but after I said the sentences I memorized, I had nothing else to say. Although it was such a difficult and awkward moment, I remember Luna gave me a warm smile.”

There is also another member with a similar experience. Taiwanese member Amber, who came from America, was the same. At a first glance, she looks like a good-looking boy with a boyish appearance, which made Sulli sweat a lot. Sulli said, “The first day Amber came, she was assigned to the same room as me. After greeting each other with a nod, I had nothing else to say. Although I was pretending to be using the computer with my back turned against her, my mind was clouded with worries on how to break the awkward silence. In the end, after watching Amber lie down to sleep, I quickly ran and turned off the lights and said ‘Good Night’” 

“Huh.. What kind of name is f(x)?”

The name f(x), is quite strange. The meaning of it is: Like a functional formula, the results will change depending on what the value of ‘x’ is in the formula, and that they will be active with a diverse appearance. Also, the ‘f’ stands for flower, and the ‘x’ represents the female chromosomes (XX). 

Luna said, “f(x) sounded like some sort of delivery company or some sort of cable channel name. The name made me so curious about it. I had a feeling that we would be able to tell many stories about the name alone. 

Sulli said, “At that time I never learned about functional formulas” and she said with a grin, “I was not even sure if the name was effects or f(x) but I heard it was f(x) later on and um… I was happy it was 4 characters”. They have followed the drift of having 4 characters like So Nyuh Shi Dae and Wonder Girls. (4 characters as in the Korean characters.. 에프엑스)


At our first stage “I cried a lot?”

The first stage is an unforgettable experience for any singer. It did not differ much for f(x). Krystal said, “My sister Jessica came to the waiting room herself and gave her support. While monitoring us she said, ‘Try to be a bit more natural’ but I said does that sound easy as it is”. Whenever I think about that moment, it makes me feel ashamed and I pretend to wipe off the sweat on my forehead with the back of my hand. 

Amber said, “My parents came from far away to watch my stage. It had been so long since I have met my parents. My parents watching over me and just staying there gave me such huge strength. Also at our first stage rehearsal the Director asked me what my name was and I simply replied ‘Amber’ but after that I felt embarrassed. I am Amber, I am Amber… It’s hard” (Amber did not say her name in a formal sentence) 

On the other side, Sulli said with a tearful face “That day, I was the only one who got the choreography wrong” and Victoria exclaimed, “The cheers were, Wow! Seriously.. Wow~”. Tearful-faced Krystal added in, “We cried a lot at that time right?” Simultaneously, Victoria, Sulli, and Amber countered back “I did not cry!” Then Krystal said, “Ah, so I was the only one who was crying their head off? That’s not right, I know Luna cried for sure..”.

First CD, First Gift “Call me if you want to become a Star”

We cannot leave out the time they were handed their first album and their first mutual response with fans. Victoria said, “When I received the CD for the first time, it felt like something was rising in my throat. It seemed like my heart was going to explode and my face turned red. The whole day I carried the CD in my hand while smiling like a fool." 

Luna said, “The first day I saw the CD, I had to sign about 300 CD’s. The jacket shoot day, recording day, ‘LA chA TA’ activity days seemed to go by so quickly.” 

Amber recalled the day she heard 'Chu~♡' for the first time. “Before we started recording 'Chu~♡', I wanted to think of it as ‘my song’. I kept on saying ‘No matter what I will sing this song’” I also cannot forget the first time we had a mutual response with our fans. Particularly, Amber had a bit of a weird experience. Amber said with a laugh, “One time at a local venue a fan that looked of age, gave me a black envelope and said ‘Amber, buy delicious food’. I was surprised because inside the envelope it was filled with bundles of money. My manager oppa gave the money back to that person right away. 

Krystal said, “I received a cell phone chain as a present and there was a note with ‘Call me if you want to become a star’ written on it along with a phone number. It was the first time I received a present from a fan and I have cherished the moment because it was funny. 



“If the first snow falls..” The winter that f(x) is dreaming about is?

It was about time for the interview to end so I asked the f(x) members, ‘When the first snow falls, what do you want to do?’. Firstly, Sulli said, “It would be nice if we were with all the members. If a lot of snow falls then I want to make a snowman and have snow fights.” Victoria said, “After the snow fight, going into a warm place and sitting while drinking coffee would be nice”. Krystal added, “I want to decorate a Christmas tree, and to have a winter feeling, I want to decorate the house.” 

Amber said, “I would like it if snow came in the Winter” Also “Snow did not fall in Los Angeles, so on the days snow comes I want to be out in the snow the whole day”. Luna who was pondering the whole time said something silly, “Let’s sell roasted sweet potatoes”. “After making some roasted sweet potatoes, we can give them out for free to people who are having fun dancing and playing. Like a Guerilla Concert. Wouldn’t that be fun?” The other members applauded, “Wow! That would be fun”. 

When I asked f(x) what their first goal was, I remember hearing a predictable response from them, “Becoming Asia’s best pop group.” But other than saying those words they also said, “Between ourselves, we want to sell roasted sweet potatoes and have a surprise performance”. Without anyone’s interference, having fun and doing things you want to do as a idol singer is much harder than becoming ‘Asia’s best pop group’. 




Source: MK
Translation: kellykim10 @ affxtion.com

Related News

Post a Comment

 
Support : latest k-pop news | Earnings Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | myLot User Profile
Copyright © 2011. news update k-pop world - All Rights Reserved
Template Created and Published by BLOGGERspherepedia
Proudly powered by Blogger