Latest News :
Home » , , , , » [News] Top Asian Pop Acts of the Decade: BoA, Rain, Wonder Girls, Se7en

[News] Top Asian Pop Acts of the Decade: BoA, Rain, Wonder Girls, Se7en

{[['']]}







EoTY: Top Asian Pop Acts of the Decade
JinraIlustrisimo on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 11:00PM
When it comes to making strides, this decade was all about Asian pop acts making them in the world of Asian pop music. Aside from sheer talent and devoted fan bases, the biggest driving force and probably the reason why you know about these Asian pop stars is because of well, the Internet. While I didn’t make it on my own list of Top Asian Pop Acts of the Decade, I’m sure you’ll agree wholeheartedly with my choices. And maybe we’ll see me around for the next decade. (Or not.)
1. BoA: Admittedly, I am by no means the biggest BoA fan out there. Yet, given her success in the Asian pop music world and her attempts at infiltrating the American mainstream, I’d be a fool not to mention that this was her decade. I’m sure you’d all skin me alive if I didn’t place her at the top. (BoA on Top, anyone?)
2. Utada: Who’s bigger than Madonna in Japan? This woman is. Sidenote: She was my first taste of Asian pop music. Her First Love album remains one of my favorite albums of all time.
3. Ayumi Hamasaki: Hamasaki basically wrote the book on Jpop music. As far as music goes, I’ve given up keeping track of every release and the 10 different remixes that follow. Aside from being a tireless Jpop star, she’s also fashion inspiration and a trendsetter for a lot of people.
4. Rain: I know what you’re thinking. It’s not because this man sent me a birthday card for my birthday this year. Rain is something of an Asian Michael Jackson. Everything he’s produced musically has turned into gold. He’s also one of few Asian pop stars to break into the Hollywood scene. ::cough:: Ninja Assassin ::cough::
5. The Wonder Girls: Inspiring dance crazes, touring with The Jonas Brothers, a slew of hit songs that will soon be available to the mainstream…do I dare continue? The Wonder Girls are huge!
6. Tata Young: Of the pop stars listed, Thai-based Tata Young is the only pop star who’s fame has spanned almost two decades. Internationally, she’s more than just a pop star but a model and actress. Her list of entertainment industry accolades is kind of intimidating.
7. Jay Chou: What gets me every time is the fact that Jay Chou has been listed this decade as a Taiwanese musician, singer, producer, actor and director. It’s been said that pop stars who spread themselves too thinly don’t produce great stuff. With Jay, such is not the case with 4 World Music Awards and a role as Kato in the upcoming The Green Hornet film.
8. Se7en: Se7en is indeed a lucky number and pop star. He remains as one of few Kpop stars that have pursued the mission of crossing over to America. His career leading up to this has been quite impressive in racking all the Kpop hits. While his future in America is uncertain (or canned), he’ll always have Korea.
9. Lee Hom Wang: Like Jay Chou, Lee Hom Wang’s pop music career is something to not overlook. To me he was quite a musical chameleon with musical styles ranging from jazz to rock, yet…still popular. Nothing is ever the same with him, and that’s what makes him interesting to listen to. Not to mention, he’s also got acting under his belt.
10. Namie Amuro: After almost two decades and a family, it’s really impressive that she’s still going on strong with the hits. I admire the fact that she’s reinvented herself every single time.
Honorable Mention: Charice Pempengco
Okay. So, I’m totally aware she hasn’t been around in this decade for that long, but I’m sure a big handful of you would agree that her voice could very well be…the voice of a decade.

Who are your picks for the top Asian pop acts of this decade? Tell me, tell me, t-t-t-t-ell me!
[Source:Ningin.com]
[Credit:Qoxie@Soompi + SoulHee@WGspec]

Related News

Post a Comment

 
Support : latest k-pop news | Earnings Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | myLot User Profile
Copyright © 2011. news update k-pop world - All Rights Reserved
Template Created and Published by BLOGGERspherepedia
Proudly powered by Blogger