Latest News :
Home » , » [News]Kim So-Eun: Interview with SOHU

[News]Kim So-Eun: Interview with SOHU

{[['']]}





During the Busan Film Festival, SOHU managed to meet up with “Chu Ga-eul” – Kim So-eun. Her scenes with co-star Kim Bum were one of the reasons why many people continued with the series, and the ambiguous ending of their relationship kept many fans waiting for a clear answer.

When SOHU informed her about the passion that China fans had for the “Soeulmates” pairing, Kim So-eun laughed and said that they were just classmates, and even during the filming of [Boys Over Flowers], they were simply friends who went to Chungang University together, and there were no thoughts of taking the relationship further.



SOHU: Firstly, say hello to everyone!

KSE: Hello everyone, I’m Kim So-eun, it’s nice to meet all of you!


SOHU: Because of [Boys Over Flowers], there are many people in China who are fans of you. The show can be considered a turning point in your life, yes? Do you feel that your life is any different now?

KSE: [Boys Over Flowers] was really a turning point for me, because before that no one actually knew who I was. But because of this drama, everyone has started to know who I am and have given me their love, so I’m really happy that I have fans of my own now. In terms of my life, it does seem like there is some difference now. (Laughs)


SOHU: Do you feel that it’s hard to adjust to your sudden fame?

KSE: To be honest, this situation is like… everyone knows who I am but I don’t know who everyone is. Also, being a public figure means that everything I do is scrutinized by the masses. In this area, it was pretty hard to get used to. But now, I’m slowly getting comfortable with this.


SOHU: Filming [The Man Who Cannot Get Married] can be considered taking a new challenge, yes? What have you gained from it?

KSE: In [Boys Over Flowers], Chu Ga-eul is a high school student who’s a bit of an introvert, but in [The Man Who Cannot Get Married], Yujin is a 26 year old who is cheerful and outgoing, kinda like me in person actually. So I was thinking, should I act a little more naturally then? Through this series, I got to understand better the thoughts of people in their 20s, and I also am more familiar with the details of the working world now.


SOHU: Lots of China fans actually want Chu Ga-eul and So Yijung to end up together. What do you think of Kim Bum? Do the both of you have any possibility of ending up together as a pair?

KSE: Everyone keeps asking this question, it’s non-stop! (Laughs) I’m university schoolmates with Kim Bum, and before we filmed [Boys Over Flowers] we were already friends who went to classes together, so I really don’t have any romantic feelings towards him. We’re good friends, yes, so I hope everyone will accept our status as good friends.


SOHU: If you meet someone you like, will you stay silent and watch him from afar, or take the initiative to confess your feelings? If you get rejected like in [Boys Over Flowers], what would you do?

KSE: I’m not really like Ga-eul, I don’t know how to express my feelings very well with words, so if I like someone I’ll hide it in my heart. But for Ga-eul, she’s very expressive if she likes someone, and will be very hardworking to strive for her love. So after acting as Ga-eul, my point of view towards romance seems to have changed as well.


SOHU: Do you have any new projects as of now?

KSE: I’ve received some scripts and am reading through them now. If there is a suitable one, I believe I will see everyone again with a new drama, so please wait for a while more! (Laughs shyly)


SOHU: Do you have any hobbies outside of work?

KSE: I really like exercising, as well as reading, learning and then watching television and movies, to pick up some acting techniques from the actors in whatever I’m watching. I like going out with my friends and playing with them too. To me, being an actress is simply my job, I’m not much different from other girls my age.


SOHU: Who are you closer to, with actresses that in your age group? Is Kim So-eun like Chu Ga-eul in private?

KSE: The very popular Jandi, Hyesun unnie, we’re rather close. Also, Go Ara, because we study in the same university. We’re good friends as well.


SOHU: Do you have any Chinese artistes or directors that you admire?

KSE: Ah, I like Jay Chou from [Secret]! (The reporter’s expression then shows that she likes Jay Chou very much as well, Kim So-eun looks at her) Do you like him as well? I really, really like him very much. I love that movie, and I feel that Jay Chou is really good: he’s a director, actor and singer all at once. I admire him for being so all rounded.


SOHU: Lastly, what do you want to say to your fans in China?

KSE: Thank you for coming to Korea for this interview, and thank you for all the love that everyone has shown to [Boys Over Flowers]. I believe I will be coming out with a new drama soon, please wait patiently. I hope everyone will continue liking and supporting me, thank you! (Waves)


+ pictures:






more at source




Source: korea.sohu / pictures
Translated by: theretroradio

Related News

Post a Comment

 
Support : latest k-pop news | Earnings Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | myLot User Profile
Copyright © 2011. news update k-pop world - All Rights Reserved
Template Created and Published by BLOGGERspherepedia
Proudly powered by Blogger