Latest News :
Home » , , » [Cyworld] Mir’s message on his Cyworld about his father

[Cyworld] Mir’s message on his Cyworld about his father

{[['']]}







Title: Dad!
Time: 2009.12.20 12:17

When I was in my 2nd year in middle school, my dad stopped drinking and smoking all of a sudden.
For someone who has been smoking and drinking since he was in middle school, quitting really surprised the family.
I was concerned, so I asked my dad why he did it.
Then he said, “I’m getting old. I should take care of my body.”
I had a little doubt in me but I just let it go.


One autumn day before going for a hike, I asked my dad for some pocket money.
He questioned me why I needed pocket money to go hiking, so he just told me to pack my own food and snacks from home and bring it along.
He insisted not to give me any money. So I packed my lunch pack.
I felt embarrassed to face my friends. I got very angry with my dad for rejecting me.
But before I left, my dad took out 5000won and handed it to me.
“I can’t give you enough pocket money. Just take this money and go.”
But I felt that the money was too little. I got angry again and just left with my friend without taking the money.
I called my mom in anger and complained to her.
But my mom who was quiet the whole time finally said to me,
“Your father’s position as a guarantee failed, leaving a heavy burden on the family. He couldn’t even loan 100won, but he borrowed money from someone else to give you allowance for school.”
That was when I found out why my dad quit smoking, drinking, and wasn’t working the whole time.
Although I was on a hike, I felt down the whole day.
That was the first and last rebellious period in my life.

***
My dad is pretty hard-headed.
In our conversations, he would always call out “Ya!”, “Chul Yong-ah”, “Pang Chul Yong”. I often hear, “What do you want to be when you grow up?”
Right up until I started schooling, he still asked me the same question. This pressured me a lot.
After my debut as a singer on October 15, 2009, I called my dad.
“Dad, did I do well in the performance?” He answered, “Yes. Our son makes me so proud.”
Hearing these words for the first time ever since I was born gives me strength whenever I am weary right until this moment.
The days I spend with my dad when I was still schooling were not a big deal.
But now, I miss my dad very much.

Source: Mir’s Cyworld
Chinese translation: yarajin | PTTMBLAQ
English translation: chunjess @Soompi

Credits: absolutemblaq@wordpress

Related News

Post a Comment

 
Support : latest k-pop news | Earnings Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | myLot User Profile
Copyright © 2011. news update k-pop world - All Rights Reserved
Template Created and Published by BLOGGERspherepedia
Proudly powered by Blogger